Besides welcoming the next race of 2014’s Formula One season, Monaco will also host, on the year that marks 20 years of Ayrton Senna’s legacy, a charity auction dedicated to the Ayrton Senna Institute.
Organized by prince Albert II and presented by Sotheby’s, the auction will honor Senna, one of the greatest legends ever to race in the category and, to this day, the driver who has won the most on the principality’s streets. A gala dinner with prominent figures will also take place during the special night.
The auctioned items include a reproduction of the helmet Senna used on his first Monaco Grand Prix, in 1984 and one of the 161 Ducati 1199 Panigale S Senna motorbikes, among other special pieces, like personal items that belonged to other drivers, like Emerson Fittipaldi, Felipe Massa and Bruno Senna.
The two-time world Champion has donated, along with his grandson, Pietro Fittipaldi, gloves worn in races. Massa, currently driving for Williams, offered a helmet. And Senna’s nephew, Bruno, gave away his racing boots.
The gala dinner and auction will take place on May 17th, part of the revenue will go to the Ayrton Senna Institute. To learn more, access: brasilmonacoproject.com.
• Ayrton Senna Helmet: reproduction # 84 of a limited series of 161 units (first podium at Monaco in 1984)
• 2.8 m sculptures of Ayrton Senna by Brazilian artist Marcos Marin
• Nova Ducati 1199 Panigale S Senna (limited edition of 161 units, available starting on June, 2014, in Brazil)
• Driver Bruno Senna’s racing boots
• Felipe Massa’s helmet
• Lucas di Grassi’s racing suit
• Emerson’s and grandson Pietro Fittipaldi’s gloves (Pietro’s the first Latin-American champion of the NASCAR Limited Late Model category)
• Ara Vartanian earrings.
• “Bighorn Creek – Kluane National Park, Canada, 2011” Picture, by Sebastião Salgado
• Philippe Pastor painting, from the « Bleu monochrome » series
• “Sonho de Senna” painting, by Young Brazilian artist Ricardo Negro
• “Domingo na Praia do Pepe”, oil on canvas by Brazilian artist Christine Drummond
• Jeroboam Moët & Chandon, Ayrton Senna Edition